Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wow!

Wow! I think there is enough in this book that we could be into discussions for days. I don't want to give my overall thoughts yet so I post about each chapter.

Starting with the note:

Mackenzie,

It's been a while. I've missed you.

I'll be at the shack next weekend if you want to get together.

Papa

Do you think that the author,W.M. Paul Young, received a note from God??

Does God send notes? Does he talk to people? I believe anything is possible, especially with God!

"There is was. Papa was Nan's favorite name for God and it expressed her delight in the intimate friendship she had with him."

Calling God Papa has definitely stirred up some discussion even in my own household. I would love to have a relationship with God where I felt comfortable calling him Papa. I don't yet but maybe some day I will.

My heart broke for Mack and his family in the next few chapters. A Mother and Father's worst nightmare and there was nothing that could have prevented it. The tears were flowing as I read about the tragic event.

Please click on comment below each post to add your thoughts. I will be continuing with more posts this week.

Happy Reading!

No comments: