Thursday, November 20, 2008

WILD AND BEAUTIFUL!

More from November's Book, The Shack:


Chapter Nine, A Long Time Ago, In A Garden Far, Far Away
Page one hundred thirty eight

Sarayu stepped toward him until she had invaded his personal space. "And well you should, Mackenzie, because this garden is your soul. This mess is you! Together, you and I, we have been working with a purpose in your heart. And it is wild and beautiful and perfectly in process. To you it seems like a mess, but to me, I see a perfect pattern emerging and growing and alive - a living fractal."

Chapter Ten, Wade In The Water, Page one hundred fourty two,

"It is your desperate attempt to get some control over something you can't. It is impossible for you to take power over the future because it isn't real, nor will it ever be real. You try and play God, imagining the evil that you fear becoming reality, and then you try and make plans and contingencies to avoid what you fear."

Chapter Twelve, In The Belly Of The Beasts, Page one hundred seventy five,

"But why do we keep all that crap inside?" Mack asked.
"Because we believe it's safer there. And, sometimes, when you're a kid trying to survive, it really is safer there. Then you grow up on the outside, but on the inside you're still that kid in the dark cave surrounded by monsters, and out of habit you keep adding to your collection. we all collect things we value, you know?"

"So, how does that change, you know, for somebody who's lost in the dark like me?"

"Most often, pretty slowly," Jesus answered. "Remember, you can't do it alone. Some folks try with all kinds of coping mechanisms and mental games. But the monsters are still there, just waiting for the chance to come out."

"So what do I do now?"

"What you're already doing, Mack, learning to live loved........

Please don't feel obligated to comment on the snippets I pull from the book, let me know the parts you liked or didn't like. What do you think about the book in general, would you recommend it?

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dfdfcvbbn

Anonymous said...

I don't know about you but the part about Mack's soul being a mess had me bawling. I feel all the time like I am such a mess. This helped me to realize that messes are beautiful too. I will remember that about my house, the perfect storm, I call it.

So true, control, what control? I am always challenged to be in the moment..my son helps, he is always in the moment.

The last part of my post I can relate to very well. I am all for getting the crap out!!!smile.