Saturday, November 29, 2008

Kicking Habit to Buy Bookcases!



'LESS TIM'S = A BILLY BOOKCASE'
CHALLENGE
Cutting down on my Tim Horton's Spending will enable me to buy the bookcases I have wanted forever! Good -bye 'Large with one cream' , hello bookcases! Yes, I will miss my daily trip to Tim Hortons, a traditional event in my day that brings me happiness, BUT I really want those...........Bookcases! (I know I am a geek.)
How will my challenge work?
My Billy Bookcases, from Ikea, will cost me $414; if I cut out my Tim Horton's spending 6 days a week for 41 weeks and 4 days, I will be able to buy my Bookcases!
Less Tim's = Billy Bookcase Challenge
Rules:
  1. One Tim Horton's Visit Per Week!
  2. Cup o'Joe allowed from home.
  3. Can accept Tim's from compasionate Friends.
  4. Any (lack of will power) slips will be penalized by extra days of saving.

'Less Tim's = Billy Bookcase' Challenge will run from Dec. 1/08 - Sept. 14/09.

Start your own challenge! Lets do it together, there is strength in numbers, right? Let me know what your challenge is about.

Happy Saving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha I love it. Twice (in 98 and 2007) I went a whole year without drinking pop. It was tough! Good luck, but also good on you for realizing where possibly addiction can lie and giving yourself a good way to tackle it. I love coffee as much as the next person- good for yOU! (yes i found your blog! woohoo thanks!)
Chantelle

Anonymous said...

Me,addicted? Do/must I answer that? I have thought about not going so much abd saving for something, ??a trip. I would be up a the challenge,"biting fingernails" I think!Shelagh

Anonymous said...

Carrie, how in the name of all that's good, am I going to do this? T. H. at home is NOT the same, this is NOT FAIR! (bawl,sniff,sniff) Shelagh

Anonymous said...

I know, the draw of Tim Hortons is tough to battle. It doesn't have to be Tim Hortons, it could be shoes, jewellry, alcohol, etc. Where ever you think you can cut back...