Tuesday, November 18, 2008

PINCHING PENNIES

So, why am I going to blog about my family's attempt at Pinching Pennies? Well, the truth is I have never been very conscientious about searching out the best deals or planning my shopping around the sales. Instead, I would spend when I had the money, and stay at home when I did not. Now that said, I have never been a big spender, so it hasn't been a real problem.

The idea of pinching pennies has been slowly percolating over the last six months. I saw my sister in law in June and she told me about a blog she was working on, Frugal in Virginia. Dana, my sister in law, can combine coupons with sales to practically get things for free or close to it. She saves around three hundred dollars per month. That is a substantial amount in my books!

I have been keeping an eye on her blog and also investigating how that could work here in Canada. The 'way' of the coupon is close to non existent, so what can Canadians do to stretch out their money?

I am sure that there are many of you reading this post that are already expert Penny Pincher's. I would love to get your thrifty tips.

For those rookie Penny Pincher's like my self, I hope my family's journey, to be more creative with our earnings, will be informative, funny and entertaining.


For more information about Frugal in Virginia scroll down to Dana's blog on the right side of Tea Time; check out the great money saving ideas.
I am off to hunt down some great deals!

No comments: