Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I opened the mail box and what did I find...?


.....February's Book, The Middle Place; the month isn't quite over, right?
I am currently on page 69 and I have been enjoying my time learning about Kelly Corrigan. I find her writing comfortable and humorous, like she is telling me a story over coffee. She had me laughing out loud with the following exerpt:
Page 43: And this is how the story has always been told: Booker bought a defective snake. A depressed snake. A snake not meant for suburban life. On his very first night in his new home, Shifty Corrigan drowned himself in a bottle cap of water. My Mom was on the phone with the pet store manager by 9 A.M., demanding a refund. No one was gonna mess with one of her kids, not on her watch.
Did you manage to snag a copy of The Middle Place? What do you think?
Happy Reading!

No comments: