Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cannot Get Into A Groove With Nineteen Minutes!








We are into February and I am not yet finished Nineteen Minutes. In fact that is an understatement, I am forcing myself to finish it, even skipping paragraphs to get to the last page! Though I have heard countless praise for this author I can not join in. Yes she continues to draw me in, as if I am there with the characters but the book is ..dragging..!

Photo credit: Amazon

  • The constant shifting of who is speaking makes it very difficult to just pick up the book and fall back into the story line.

  • I think the book could have been shorter, by page 245 I get that their life sucks, now tell me what happened.

  • One of my friends mentioned that she had a difficult time reading because she didn't feel any hope wrapped into the story. I have to agree, I felt just plain depressed.

Nineteen Minutes was given a grade of A by the Entertainment Weekly Readers, so don't let me stop you from reading the book (if you haven't). If you have read it, what are your thoughts? Maybe you liked her style? Please leave me a comment or email me at littlemrsw@yahoo.ca.

I will continue to forge a head and hope to find my groove in the next 200 pages!!

Happy Reading!




2 comments:

kp said...

I can't wait for you to finish it so we can talk about it further but I agree with your analysis~ it was a hard, heart breaking, hopeless read!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I am truly working on it! I think I know what happens. Very impressive that you finished.